Why give to the Gender & Sexuality Resource Center?
The Gender & Sexuality Resource Center (formerly the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Resource Center) is a unit within Student Success, Inclusion & Belonging and serves as an integral part of the university community. We are dedicated to the intellectual and personal development of the individual. Our mission is to foster an environment that is open, safe, and inclusive for people of all sexualities and gender identities.
By making a gift to the GSRC:
- You support the mission of the GSRC by helping fully develop LGBT students
- Coupled with changing demographics and the increasing complexity of our college populations, it is essential that we continue to provide resources and communities to embrace these changes and develop services that will assist in shaping our student's social and intellectual identities.
- Help students who identify as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community develop their voice and presence by contributing to the history at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Your gift to our fund allows the GSRC staff, our programs, our services, and our Center to be a welcoming place, a safe haven, and fulfilling experience for LGBT students.
Your contribution can support students in the following ways:
- $18,000-$9,000 = Quench (Bi-weekly lunchtime series that features resources at the University of Illinois and provides students with introductions to the cultures, histories, and societal issues that the diverse communities of our campus face).
- $5,000-$1,500 = One speaker presentation and discussion
- $600 = One cultural celebration (i.e. Welcome back Reception)
- $500-350 = Conference attendance (civic and leadership development)
- $500 = Media for the resource library (books, dvds, magazines, etc)